- Assess your own preferences for
- Emotional expressiveness
- A 12 minute narrated slideshow video in English on Japanese etiquette - greetings, bowing, shaking hands, exchanging business cards, socialising, seating, gift giving and hosting Japanese visitors
- Country backgrounds for each preference for Japan, Belgium, China, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Korea, Mexico, Netherlands, Philippines, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, UK, USA and Vietnam
- Test on Japanese business etiquette
- A course certificate certifying completion and passing of 1 hour of Continuing Professional Development is available
Pernille Rudlin was brought up partly in Japan and partly in the UK. She is fluent in spoken and written Japanese, and lived in Japan for 9 years.
She spent nearly a decade at Mitsubishi Corporation (the Fortune 500 $70bn Japanese investment and trading conglomerate) working in their London operations, Europe & Africa HQ and Tokyo headquarters in sales and marketing and corporate planning and also including a stint in their International Human Resource Development Office.
More recently she had a global senior role as Director of External Relations, International Business, at Fujitsu, the leading Japanese information and communication technology company and the biggest Japanese employer in Europe, focusing on ensuring the company’s corporate messages in Japan reach the world outside.
Pernille Rudlin holds a B.A.(Hons) from Oxford University in Modern History and Economics and an M.B.A. from INSEAD and she is the author of several books and articles on cross cultural communications and business.
Since starting Japan Intercultural Consulting’s operations in Europe in 2004, Pernille has conducted seminars for Japanese and European companies in Belgium, Germany, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA, on Japanese cultural topics, post merger integration and on working with different European cultures.