Working Effectively with Japanese People: 5. Meetings
1 hour interactive module on getting the mindset and preparation right for meetings with Japanese colleagues and customers
We recommend this module after completing the other 4 modules on Japanese etiquette, communication, work style and decision making.
1. Review of previous modules - how do they apply to building relationships with Japanese colleagues and customers?
2. Assess your own preferences for
- Business relationship time frame
- Task versus relationship orientation
- Group orientation versus individual relationship
3. Narrated video presentation on how to prepare reports, presentations and meetings with Japanese colleagues and customers
4. Country backgrounds for each preference for Japan, Belgium, China, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Korea, Mexico, Netherlands, Philippines, Poland, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, UK, USA and Vietnam
5. Suggested further reading and follow up activities
6. Course certificate certifying 1 hour of Continuing Professional Development is available
Pernille Rudlin was brought up partly in Japan and partly in the UK. She is fluent in spoken and written Japanese, and lived in Japan for 9 years.
She spent nearly a decade at Mitsubishi Corporation (the Fortune 500 $70bn Japanese investment and trading conglomerate) working in their London operations, Europe & Africa HQ and Tokyo headquarters in sales and marketing and corporate planning and also including a stint in their International Human Resource Development Office.
More recently she had a global senior role as Director of External Relations, International Business, at Fujitsu, the leading Japanese information and communication technology company and the biggest Japanese employer in Europe, focusing on ensuring the company’s corporate messages in Japan reach the world outside.
Pernille Rudlin holds a B.A.(Hons) from Oxford University in Modern History and Economics and an M.B.A. from INSEAD and she is the author of several books and articles on cross cultural communications and business.
Since starting Japan Intercultural Consulting’s operations in Europe in 2004, Pernille has conducted seminars for Japanese and European companies in Belgium, Germany, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA, on Japanese cultural topics, post merger integration and on working with different European cultures.